Organization: IF:Gathering currently serves tens of thousands of people annually with an annual budget of more than one million dollars. Please visit www.ifgathering.com to learn more.
Position: Reporting to the chief executive officer/founder and chief operating office/strategist, finance and administration manager will define the process and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support substantial growth over the next three to 5 years. S/he will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including financial, accounting, legal, information technology (IT), human resources (HR), and physical infrastructure.
As a member of the executive team, the director will be involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and professional development initiatives, as well as planning for IF:Gathering’s expanding initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Prepare and finalize monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for IF:Gathering’s board of directors.
• Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and proposed new sites.
• Manage one administrative intern; hire and retain support staff as needed in the future.
Administrative Leadership and Management
• Serve as business partner to the chief executive officer and chief operating officer on the organization’s financial, budgeting, and administrative processes—including HR, payroll, and benefits functions—with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems.
• Manage the organization’s physical infrastructure, and system maintenance (phone system, security, cleaning, supplies, etc.), with assistance from interns.
The finance and administration manager will have at least five to eight years of professional experience, including managing the finance and administration of a high-growth organization (preference given to nonprofit experience). S/he will have experience creating and driving the analytic framework for planning and managing organizational change in a highly entrepreneurial organization.
The director of finance and administration will have the following experience and attributes:
• Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, or Finance.
• Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary,
diverse, and dynamic team.
• Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in
the nonprofit sector.
• Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of
creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
• Proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting.
• Technologically savvy, with an ability to point to examples of having worked
with IT staff to develop and implement new processes and systems that
increased efficiency in a fast-moving environment.
• Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to IF:Gathering’s
• Proficient in Quickbooks (online version knowledge preferred).
Qualified candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org.