We are so excited that you are joining us for #ifgathering2016
Here are some helpful tips for your livestream:
- Update your browser to the most recent version
- Test your equipment. We are having a livestream test on Thursday, February 4th at 8:00pm CST and Friday, February 5th at 12:00pm CST.
- Minimize refreshing the page. This makes the experience better for all of our users.
- If your video is slow, try to minimize the amount of devices on wifi in your area. Ask attendees to get off the wifi on their phones or if you are at a shared venue or a hotel, see if there are any other devices that could be turned off.
- Keep it simple– every session including ASL is a new video. So, for a new session, you will go and hit play on the next video. It will be clearly marked.
- For additional help, please check additional resources here: http://help.livestream.com
Q: What kind of Internet connection do I need to view a Livestream channel?
A: We recommend viewing Livestream from a wired connection with a download bandwidth of at least 700Kbps. However you may require higher speeds if the channel producer is encoding at a higher bitrate. To test your speed, go to www.speedtest.net. Bandwidth fluctuates constantly (especially on WiFi and mobile internet), so running 3 tests is recommended. As a general rule your download bandwidth must be greater than the bitrate of the channel you’re trying to view.
Q: Does my browser require any plug-ins?
A: Always use the latest version of Adobe Flash. Check your version of Adobe Flash (and upgrade if necessary) at the following link:http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ We recommend upgrading to the latest version of Java:http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
Q: How do I watch a channel in full screen?
A: Move your mouse over the Livestream Player and click the “Full” button to enter Full Screen mode.
Q: Can I view Livestream on a mobile device?
A: You can view Livestream through our free Apple iOS Livestream app and from many other mobile devices. If the channel you’re trying to watch isn’t mobile compatible, you may run into bandwidth issues. Connect via WiFi if possible. Note that Livestream app users can view on-demand content, while other devices are limited to live broadcasts.
Q: Where can I find the archived videos?
A: There will be a tab in the menu at the top of the page. You can click on this and it will take you to the archived videos.
If those resources do not answer your questions or you want to provide feedback on your livestream experience, please do ONE of the following:
- Tweet using the hashtag #ifhelp
- Comment on the thread with #ifhelp in the IF:Local Facebook Group
- Email email@example.com. There will be an auto-response with various resources. We will be slower to respond to these email requests.