We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified professional with a passion for discipling a generation to join our team. Read more about the Technology Manager position responsibilities and qualifications below, and consider applying today!
IF:Gathering Technology Manager
Organization: At IF:Gathering, we exist to gather, equip, and unleash women to live out their calling by creating tools and resources for the local church and the women they serve. We put these tools in the hands of women who desire to change their local context for the glory of God and the good of others. Please visit www.ifgathering.com to learn more.
We are seeking a strategic thinker and leader in the development space to manage and execute development work across all of the web properties that IF:Gathering owns.
Responsible for Programming:
Translate client-supplied PSDs into HTML/CSS for use in IF:Gathering’s WordPress theme or within other IF:Gathering online assets.
WordPress Theme Development (www.ifgathering.com)
Manage IF:Gathering’s WordPress theme to create new page templates, adjust existing templates, or change functionality while retaining IF:Gathering’s brand guidelines and mobile responsiveness.
Create, modify, and extend Drupal 7 Registration System and “headless Drupal” API, including custom modules, Services API implementation, S3FS integration, SSO login via external providers, media processing, content type and taxonomy customization, advanced user permissions, client publishing workflow, and other functions.
Responsible for Managing:
iOS Development (IF:Gathering app)
Create, modify, and extend Objective-C-based codebase, including data processing over SSL/TLS, network communication, user session management, OS version compatibility support, UI/UX implementation (from client-supplied PSDs), and third-party API integration (social media, storage, etc.).
Android Development (IF:Gathering app)
Create, modify, and extend Java/Android Studio codebase, including data processing over SSL/TLS, network communication, user session management, OS version compatibility support, UI/UX implementation (from client-supplied PSDs), and third-party API integration (social media, storage, etc.).
AppStore and Code Management
Manage all aspects of IF:Gathering’s development accounts including version control, app submissions, provisioning profiles, and testing frameworks.
Provide rapid response to high-severity issues and outages and provide assistance to the IF:Gathering staff in responding to end-user issue reports.
Stack Monitoring and Maintenance
The Drupal backend, hosted at Amazon Web Services, is mission-critical and must be kept up to support the thousands of active users on the system each day. Leveraging New Relic and other monitoring solutions, the system must be managed for maximum availability and scale normally based on demand.
Partner with IF:Gathering’s leadership team to determine optimal roadmap and schedule for IF:Gathering’s online development needs.
Management of Technology Vendors
Display an expertise with the following third party web vendors:
- Amazon Web Services hosting: Drupal and WordPress hosting, S3 storage of user-contributed binary files from the IF:Gathering app, & cloudfront CDN provides caching for the IF:Gathering app and ifequip.com
- Cloudflare: CDN and caching for ifgathering.com and ifgatheringapp.com
- Infusionsoft: CRM and email marketing solution
- Stripe: Credit card processor used by InfusionSoft for all IF:Gathering credit card transactions
- GoDaddy: Domain name registrar for IF:Gathering domain name
- Own and manage the technology platform for IF:Gathering
- Define and implement the technology strategy with the assistance of technology consultants and the IF:Gathering staff
- Manage communication between technology consultants, IF:Gathering staff, and IF:Gathering users
- Develop and maintain key relationships with technology providers, Communications Team, and other users of technology
- Manage budget, timelines, and resources needed to achieve the technology goals of IF:Gathering
- Manage on-going technology of IF:Gathering to ensure stable systems with reliable delivery
- Provide regular communication to supervisor and executive management
- Evaluate IF:Gathering technology efforts and personnel on a regular basis
- Directly reports to the Executive Director
The IF:Gathering Technology Manager will be thoroughly committed to the IF:Gathering vision.
- Personal thriving relationship with Jesus Christ
- At least 3 years of work experience
- At least 2-3 years of experience with WordPress and Drupal site development preferred but not required
- Knowledge of sourcing and managing cloud servers (AWS)
- Technology savvy with the ability to act as a project manager
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people and communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellence in project management, ability to set and manage to a budget
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, and adaptable approach to technology development and management
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.