Make this month’s recipe – Summer Berry Pie
Can you believe that the first half of 2021 is already over? While 2020 moved at a glacial pace, it seems that 2021 is passing by at lightning speed and barely allowing us to catch our breaths as our schedules have gone from 0 to 100 almost overnight.
In case you’re needing a little more direction before jumping into July, we wanted to take this month to reset our focus and look ahead to what God might want for us in the rest of this year. Proverbs invites us to “give careful thought to the paths for our feet” but this takes intentional time to pause, pray, and plan for what is ahead.
Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways. – Proverbs 4:25-26
If we want every part of our lives to be an outward expression of our love and devotion to the Lord, we have to recognize where our lives are not currently aligning with His word, and then reset our paths so that we can move in the direction He would want us to go. We invite you to take time to consider how the last 6 months have gone, as well as what you hope for the rest of 2021, in your spiritual, relational, personal, and work life. Feel free to add in any other areas that apply to you, too!
Here are a few questions to consider as you process:
- What was good about the first half of 2021 and what is worth celebrating?
- Did you see any answered prayers or places where God showed up?
- What rhythms or routines have been helping or hindering you? What can you do to change those things that aren’t helpful right now?
- What are you hoping for these next 6 months? Are there any trips, work milestones, or relationships you want to prioritize?
- What are you asking God to do as you move forward?
We grieve what was.
We celebrate what is.
And we dream about what could be.
Want even more equipping and encouragement for the months ahead? Join us for IF:Lead 2021 on August 7th!