IF:Gathering 2020 is three weeks away! We know the final weeks before hosting can be full of to-do lists and last minutes invitations, and we want to remind you to keep things simple and pure.
Ask for help when you need it. Don’t overthink decor (or don’t even put it out!). Delegate. Remember that it’s about the women walking through the door and not about the flowers you put on the tables. Let’s put our full focus on Jesus and surrender our need to control over to Him!
And in case you need a little help in determining what to prioritize in these final weeks of planning, we’ve created a checklist full of tips and reminders from our team of IF:Local Coaches. They’ve truly thought of everything! Read through the list below and then print it out and check it off as you finalize all the details of your event!
- Communicate event details to your attendees. Let them know if any food will be provided, what to bring, parking information, childcare (if applicable), etc.
- Confirm volunteers and communicate event details. Assign jobs to volunteers and let them know if there is anything specific you want them to wear. If you can, try to have a space for your volunteers at your church/venue where they can go to eat, drop their belongings, etc.
- Confirm food deliveries and orders. Make sure to note attendees with specific food needs and double-check that your orders include options for them.
- Do a walk-through of your space to make sure you have planned for everything you will need, such as a registration table, directions to the Nursing Moms space, tissues on the tables, etc.
- Purchase or gather keys and thin sharpies for the attendee experience.
- Do a Costco/Sams Club run for waters, snacks, coffee, etc.
- Compile an event playlist, or check out the IF:Gathering playlists here.
- Print conversation cards, registration list, and all signage. Still looking for signs for your space? Consider buying the Hosting & Signage Bundle in the Shoppe!
- Go over the technology/production needs with your church/event space, have announcement slides ready to share with them, etc.
- If you’re having giveaways, gather those items and make a plan for sharing about those with attendees.
- Take care of yourself! Secure childcare, dog care, and maybe get a friend who is dedicated to making sure you eat, drink, and use the bathrooms!
- And most importantly, PRAY. We know these events can’t happen without the power and presence of God, and we don’t want to do this work without Him! Pray for your team, your attendees, and trust that God is in control of every detail.