By: Jennie Allen
We are so excited to see what God has for us in 2017 when we turn the lights and cameras on in Austin and women all over the world tune in with their people in their places. If you haven’t heard the vision for IF:Local, read this and then begin to explore what’s next below.
This is about you. We want to blow wind into your sails. We want to empower you in your places to gather your people.
So what’s next?
Eat delicious food with other women in your area, of course!
We invite you to dream big dreams over a meal.
This doesn’t need to be fancy.
Frozen pizza or pinterest worthy. Whatever suits you—it’s going to be awesome.
I know that pulling new people together to talk about deep things and dream big dreams on a Sunday night may not be typical for you, so we wanted to give you a couple of steps.
1. Gather leaders
Find and invite 5 leaders in your city to your table.
Reach out to local churches, non-profits, women at your children’s school, friends of friends, neighbors, or just ask around. Find women who long to live for God in big ways but are in some way different from you and may reach different groups of people in your local context.
The goal is to bring 5 people together who could work as a team to rally your city or town.
2. Download Conversation Cards
We want to help foster rich conversation. The goal is that each person at the table would answer the question on the card if time allows. This discussion will help facilitate dreaming and next steps to take with this team. Click here to download the conversation cards.
Here are the three general topics that we hope you discuss:
1. Identify needs in your city or communities. We desire that women would live for the good of others and for the glory of God in their local contexts. That vision can play out in a million different ways. We challenge you to identify what are the physical and spiritual needs of those in your unique, local context. We believe that these are the areas where God may awaken and use you.
2. Dream about IF:Local Gathering 2017. Next February 3-4, 2017, we will host a live event from Austin, Texas, and we want to empower you to host an IF:Local gathering to participate alongside us. Mark your calendars and discuss possible places to host a gathering of women locally. Begin to dream together about where the gathering should meet, how your team will spread the word, and any other ideas to reach your city.
3. Discuss roles and responsibilities. Some major responsibilities include: registration, communication, funding, food, attendee experience, printing, & production. We believe that God will provide the people and the resources to make your IF:Local a success. In order to make this possible, each person that is IN for February needs to take responsibility for a piece of the gathering. It’s a lot to ask one person to do. Next steps will go more smoothly if roles and responsibilities are delegated.
3. Enjoy Each Other’s Company
We are blown away by your courage and your boldness. We want you to have women you can lock arms with. We want to equip you to make God famous in your cities.
If you need other resources or inspiration please visit iftable.com.
Will you join us?