Indonesian Chicken in Peanut Sauce
Vivian Mabuni is sharing a dinner recipe with us this month — it is a great one for warm spring or summer nights. Colorful, full of veggies, tasty, and easy to make! Enjoy!
1 lb chicken cut into strips
2 cloves of minced garlic
2 T olive oil
1 C carrots julienne sliced
1 C zucchini sliced
1 C red/yellow bell pepper sliced
1 lb angel hair pasta (or sub spaghetti squash in place of the pasta)
2 C shredded red leaf lettuce
1/4 C chunky peanut butter (or substitute sunflower seed butter)
1/4 C soy sauce
2 T red wine vinegar
2 T water
2 tsp. sesame oil
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
1. Boil water to cook the pasta (or cook a spaghetti squash)
2. Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir until well blended. Set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add chicken and garlic. Cook 4-5 minutes and remove when cooked through.
4. Add carrots, stir fry for a few minutes, then add peppers and zucchini about 3 min. until veggies are crisp but tender
5. Cook pasta according to package directions (about 4 min.)
6. Return chicken to pan with the veggies, add the sauce and combine
7. To serve: Place pasta into individual pasta bowls or plates. Top with shredded lettuce. Spoon the chicken/veggie dish on top.