IF:Gathering is just around the corner and whether you want to tune in live with us or host later, there’s still plenty of time to pull together an IF:Local.
We know your schedules are packed and busy, so we’ve broken down what it looks like to put together an IF:Local with only one day of planning.
1. Plan your schedule.
You’ve got options. Watch live with us on February 7-8th. Here is the schedule (all times are Central):
- Friday: 6:00 – 9:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, 2:00 – 5:00 pm
If you can’t join us the weekend of the live event, you can watch any night or weekend once Digital Access is released on February 24th.
2. Pick a place.
Pile in a living room somewhere. You can even stay in your pjs! Or you can find a space in your church or town to gather women. The most important thing is that you have reliable internet!
3. Prepare technology
The best way to ensure that you have a positive streaming experience:
- Test your wifi strength. If you can stream a YouTube video or Netflix, you can stream IF:Gathering 2020.
- For optimal viewing experience, we recommend connecting your computer to a television so that everyone can gather around something larger than a computer screen. The best way to do that is using an HDMI or VGA cable. You can also use Chromecast or AirPlay, but they’re not as reliable as good old fashioned cables!
- During the event, don’t give out your WiFi password to your attendees!Double check that anyone else in your home or venue is not using up internet bandwidth to play games, watch movies, etc.
4. The short list of hospitality needs.
Don’t let decor win out over simply hosting women with open arms. Provide a welcoming, safe environment for them to feel known and loved. There is a small list of things you should provide as a host:
- Print out Conversation Cards (one set for each discussion group)
- An old key (one per attendee) and Fine Point Sharpies (one for every few people).
- Name tags if your group doesn’t know one another
- Ask your attendees to bring their journals, Bibles, and a writing utensil!
Finally, make a game plan for food and drinks. Keep it simple. Ask your attendees to contribute snacks, beverages, or even go with a potluck!
Make the invite! Pray about who God wants you to ask to be a part of this with you. Maybe it’s a group of teen girls or maybe it’s your supper club. Personal invitations get the best response, so reach out one by one and invite these women to join you.