Alright to all last minute leaders, we love you. We see you. Let us make this as simple as possible to pull off your IF:Local. Below are the four things that you have to have in order to gather women, and then we share a few tips to make your experience great!
Here’s the schedule for the weekend: (All times are Central)
Friday, February 8
- Session 1: 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Saturday, February 9
- Session 2: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Session 3: 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
2) Here are the three things that we suggest you provide for your attendees:
- Attendee Guide – This will allow your attendees to know more about the people they see on stage at the event. Text or email them this link so they open it on their phone and follow along throughout the weekend: www.ifattendeeguide.com
- Conversation Cards – Print a few copies of the Conversation Cards for your discussion groups. Not every attendee needs a their own set! Only enough for your group or discussion groups to pass around and read. Download Conversation Cards
- A Canister of Play Doh or Clay – This is not required, but it will be a part of the Attendee Experience at the end of Session 3. You can read the details of it on page 13 of our Event Guide. Download the Event Guide
3) A Way to Watch the Livestream
IF:Locals are all about women gathering around the livestream of the live event in Dallas. Page 3 of our Event Guide tells you everything that you need to tune in! Download the Event Guide
4) A Safe, Cozy Environment
How you make people feel when they’re in your home or church is more important than any other detail. Be present. Go first sharing your answers to conversation cards and set the tone that this is a space where women can share their true selves. Get to know them. Provide coffee and water and anything that you can to feed them.
Remember that women want to be a part. They find joy in using their gifts and contributing. Invite them to bring snacks, pot luck, or just simply help you serve one another throughout the weekend!
PRO TIPS FOR A GOOD EXPERIENCE:
- Watch the Full Experience Livestream. We’ll host you throughout the weekend and make sure you know what it coming.
- Do not give out your WiFi password to your attendees. Make sure kids, husbands, or other people in the house are doing activities that use up internet bandwidth!
- Turn up the volume on the livestream during worship and turn off the lights
- We’ll start streaming 15 minutes before the start of each session. Hit play. Then hit pause. Give it 5-10 minutes to let the scrubber bar to fill up. This will help minimize buffering issues!
- Still have room to invite people? Your best way to spread the word is to send a text message or email to the women in your life.
- The Enemy will try to keep women from coming. Send an encouraging text to remind your women why they should come!