By: Jennie Allen
We are so excited to move forward now that we have shared our vision for the fall with you. If you haven’t heard the vision for the IF:Table this August, we encourage you to watch this video, and then begin to explore what’s next below.
This is about you. We want to blow wind into your sails. We want to empower you in your places to gather your people.
So what’s next?
Eat delicious food, of course!
On Sunday, August 10th, we invite you to dream big dreams over a meal.
This doesn’t need to be fancy.
Frozen pizza or pinterest worthy. Whatever suits you—it’s going to be awesome.
I know that pulling new people together to talk about deep things and dream big dreams on a Sunday night may not be typical for you, so we wanted to give you a couple of steps.
1. Gather leaders
Find and invite 5 leaders in your city to your table.
Reach out to local churches, non-profits, women at your children’s school, friends of friends, neighbors, or just ask around. Find women who long to live for God in big ways but are in some way different from you and may reach different groups of people in your local context.
The goal is to bring 5 people together who could work as a team to rally your city or town.
And check out our map where you can find women in your area who are already interested in leading (and their contact information)!
2. Download Conversation Cards
We want to help foster rich conversation. The goal is that each person at the table would answer the question on the card if time allows. This discussion will help facilitate dreaming and next steps to take with this team. Click here to download the conversation cards.
Here are the three general topics that we hope you discuss:
1. Identify needs in your city or communities. We desire that women would live for the good of others and for the glory of God in their local contexts. That vision can play out in a million different ways. We challenge you to identify what are the physical and spiritual needs of those in your unique, local context. We believe that these are the areas where God may awaken and use you.
2. Plan an IF:Pray Local Gathering for September 23rd. Our hope is that the women you gather for IF:Table will plan an IF:Prayer gathering that will be held on the night of Tuesday, September 23. We will come together across the world to pray that God awakens us what He is doing in our places and beg Him to use us. Begin to dream together about where the gathering should meet, how your team will spread the word, and any other ideas to reach your city. [Next week we will send you as much logistical information about this night as possible.]
3. Dream about IF:Local Gathering 2015. Next February 6-7, 2015, we will host a live event from Austin, Texas, and we want to empower you to host an IF:Local gathering to participate alongside us. Mark your calendars and discuss possible places to host a gathering of women locally.
4. Consider doing the Resltess Study as a leadership team. For some leadership teams, we think it would be very beneficial to meet spiritual and physical need together through discovering the gifts and passions that God has uniquely given each individual. Get more information.
3. Enjoy Each Other’s Company
We are blown away by your courage and your boldness. We want you to have women you can lock arms with. We want to equip you to make God famous in your cities.
If you need other resources or inspiration please visit iftable.com.
4. Let us Know How Things Went
And once you’ve gathered at the table, we want to hear from you! Visit iftable.com to tell us about the women at the table, what are the needs you identified, and what are you dreaming about for IF:Pray on September 23. Starting August 10th, we will have a form on the main page to collect your responses.
We hope to share these stories with other women just like you who are taking initiative for God’s glory in other places around the world!
What if these little acts of obedience were a small part of a matrix of dominoes unfolding the glory of God?
Will you join us?