- Update your browser and Adobe Flash to the most recent versions. Do this before our first livestream test.
- For the most reliable Internet connection, connect your streaming device to a hardwired connection instead of wifi.
- If connecting your streaming device to wifi, set up a separate, password-protected wifi connection to minimize wifi use.
- Test your equipment. We are having a livestream test on Thursday, February 8th at 8:00pm CST and Friday, February 9th at 12:00pm CST.
- Minimize refreshing the page. This makes the experience better for all of our users.
- If your video is slow, try to minimize the amount of devices on wifi in your area. Ask attendees to get off the wifi on their phones or if you are at a shared venue or a hotel, see if there are any other devices that could be turned off.
- Keep it simple- every session including ASL is a new video. So, for a new session, you will go and hit play on the next video. It will be clearly marked.
- For additional help, please check additional resources here:http://help.livestream.com
We are so excited that you are joining us for #ifgathering2018. Here are some helpful tips for your livestream:
Q: What kind of Internet connection do I need to view a Livestream channel?
A: We recommend viewing Livestream from a wired connection with a download bandwidth of at least 700Kbps. However you may require higher speeds if the channel producer is encoding at a higher bitrate. To test your speed, go to www.speedtest.net. Bandwidth fluctuates constantly (especially on WiFi and mobile internet), so running 3 tests is recommended. As a general rule your download bandwidth must be greater than the bitrate of the channel you’re trying to view.
Q: What do I do if my video is jump/skipping?
A: You should choose to watch your video in lower resolution. Click on the menu in the bottom right of the player. Change to 432p
Q: Does my browser require any plug-ins?
A: Always use the latest version of Adobe Flash. Check your version of Adobe Flash (and upgrade if necessary) at the following link: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ We recommend upgrading to the latest version of Java:http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
Q: If you use a Roku, where should I search?
A: You CANNOT view IF:Gathering 2018 on the Livestream app.
Q: How do I watch a channel in full screen?
A: Move your mouse over the Livestream Player and click the “Full” button to enter Full Screen mode.
Q: Can I view Livestream on a mobile device?
A: Visit the livestream page on ifgathering.com on your mobile device. You CANNOT watch it on the Livestream app. Connect via WiFi if possible.
blog comments powered by Disqus